Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"Stars for a New Day" quilt top is done!

Woohoo!  I'm doing the happy dance.  My "Stars for a New Day" quilt top is done.  I finished it on December 12.  This is big news.  It took me almost 3 years to complete it.  I'm hoping I'll have it quilted before another 3 years passes.  The year 2012 will be my year to focus on improving my longarm quilting skills.  I won't be starting to quilt "Stars for a New Day" until I feel I can do it justice.  Here's a picture of it.  Not the best picture, but it's the best I can do for now.


My mom fell and broke her hip on December 17th.  Not a good thing.  She's 81 and just had knee replacement surgery in August.  She's recovering in the hospital still but should be home in a week or two. 

I've managed to gain back all the weight I lost earlier in the year.  So my goal for 2012 is to lose 15 pounds and keep it off this time.  Not an easy feat but it will be worth it for health reasons.

I'm also going to try to keep my blog updated with what's going on with me.  We'll see how long that lasts!!!  ;-)

The kittens are growing up way too fast.  They're 9 months old now and going outside some.  Mittens keeps crossing the road so right now they're being kept in.  Audrey is a good girl and stays in the yard mostly.  But she's being punished too because we can't let her out if Mittens has to stay in.  Let me see if I have a recent picture of them....


Aren't they the cutest kitties!!!  We love them to pieces.  Mittens was bathing Audrey here.  This cuddliness with each other doesn't happen often so I had to get a picture of it. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment