Saturday, January 22, 2011

Progress made and pictures of the Monkey quilts

I've got 4 more blocks made on my Stars for a New Day quilt.  Here's a picture of all 8 that are done:



And since I finished a couple of kid's quilts in December that haven't found a new home yet, I'll post pictures of them.  In some of the mid-sized strips, I quilted monkeys from the Barrel of Monkeys game.  In the other mid-sized strips, I quilted "More fun than a barrel of monkeys" written out.  In the large strips, I quilted straight lines in the "green" version and arcs in the "orange" version.  Here's the pictures:







I'm up to Chapter 3 in Made To Crave.  I had actually lost 2 pounds but got off track yesterday a little.  We'll see how I counteract that through the next week. 

Other progress I made this week was cleaning up the room with my longarm in it.  What a mess it was.  Next, I plan to do the same in my "piecing" room.  It's a little out of control too.  Ok, maybe more than a little.  I cleaned off my desk area too.  But since that won't last very long, I don't like to even mention it.  :) 

Since it was so snowy here Friday morning, I stayed home from both Curves and Friday Stitchers.  So I missed my quilting time with my quilty friends.  But the guild meeting is Tuesday night, so it's all good. 

I got a Kindle on Thursday.  I think I'm gonna love it.  I'm still playing around learning to use it but it seems pretty easy.  I've been playing with the Annotations and highlighting and stuff and trying to stay out of the Kindle store!!  That could be very addicting.  We won't talk about the whole library of "real" books I have in the house that haven't been read yet!

TTYL!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sherri! Love your blog!! I too am a quilter in Kentucky. I write the blog for Quilters' Day Out and will soon have the agenda for your day on the Quilters' Day Out blog.

    Are you in a guild? We meet every Tuesday and Friday at Northeast Christian Church from 10:00 to 1:00. Come join us! it's free and you don't have to be a member to be in our guild.

    See you at QDO!

    ReplyDelete